Sunday, March 2, 2008

Blizzard Jog

Yesterday I needed to run to get my three times a week in ...

I procrastinated all day and didn't have a chance to run until later in the day. Unfortunately, by that time all the nice warm Spring-like weather we had been enjoying had given way to a sudden blast of cold and a sweeping blizzard-like snow storm.

So I layered up and headed out. It was crazy. My glasses were fogged up and covered in snow. I was running on the road next to the gutter and torrents of snow melt run off. Visibility was probably 30 yards, and that's before taking into account my glasses situation, which cut it down to about 3 yards.

Oh, and my shoes did not do a good job of keeping the water out. Wet socks. Wet hat.

But I did it. Felt pretty good to get out there and keep it up.

No comments: