Sunday, December 14, 2008

Glutton for Punishment

I have heard that women somehow forget the full pains and agony of child birth, thus enabling them to actually decide to have more than one child. I don't know if that's true, but if so, there must be some kind of similar thing for running a marathon, because I have decided that somehow it would be a good idea for me to run the St. George Marathon again next year.

I signed up for something called the "Runners Series," which will allow me a guaranteed spot in the next St. George Marathon, to be run on October 3, 2009. They have designated 7 different races that take place in Washington County (Southern Utah). As long as I participate in at least 2 of them I will be ensured of the opportunity to kill myself again in October.

First up for me: Painters Half Marathon on January 17, 2009. Hopefully St. George in January won't be quite as cold as Salt Lake City in January.

No comments: